IPP REVENUE HITS

Saturday, March 23, 2013

An Experience of Pharmacy Review

Being a graduate student of a course which has to gather and pass a licensure exam is a tough challenge to be able to practice and find a job proper to the degree you have earned. Facing the board exam is not that simple and easy. Yet, you need a big preparation before tackling the big challenge. Therefore, reviewing after graduating is the next step. If you are to take the exam you need to prepare a minimum of three months before the actual exam. Should that three months PRC application, reviewing and exam technically-wise have been finished and learned. So that on the moment of the board exam you are well prepared and knowledgeable.

On these days it is recommended to settle on a review center than to review on your own. Maybe because it is the latest trend. However, review centers give you higher chance to pass the board exam. I think the major advantage of them is they instill and supplement the knowledge you did not acquire from your college days. Admittedly, not everything is given or complete in college education. Review centers compacted and integrated all the topics and subjects in less than two months. Where everything about pharmacy is taught in very precise and easily comprehending method. They also give some hints and techniques during board exam proper. Some give mock exams or critical thinking lessons to emphasize learning to the reviewees. Final coaching is eventually the final review where review centers give the possible outcome answers or possible questions. These are the advantages that I think it would bring by review centers to the reviewees.


My Review Experienced
After graduating in Degree of Pharmacy I was dumbfounded to where review center should I enroll. Brex Pharmacy Review had been in our school to persuade students to review in crash course. Also another review center, the Manor Review Center, had spoken with us to enroll in their review course. That time I knew four review centers for pharmacy, they were Brex, Manor, Premier and Inress review centers. I do not know where to enroll, because factors such as my two pharmacist siblings were reviewed in Inress, and the preceding batch in our school had reviewed in Brex, Manor and some on Premier. I was very confused that time. Because my classmates and batch-mates had enrolled in Brex, I decided and enrolled on them too! I chose to have my review in Manila, because my family was there. To cut off big expenses to me compared when I review to Baguio City where I need to rent a house, spend for food and expected to do some washing of clothes and etc. 
 
Because I was new in Manila and I did not know the places yet. My sisters showed me the way to the Brex Review Center and the transportation I will ride. New faces and ambiance were the challenges to me. I made friends with other reviewees that came from prestigious universities in MetroManila. They were kind and smart, yet you cannot take away the fact that they were snobbish and arrogant. At first many were seen genius, but on the days towards the middle and last part of the review, I concluded that our knowledge and abilities were the same. So I was force to review more.


Actual Review
Brex Pharmacy Review is a review center that offers local and foreign pharmacy review. They provide reviews for local in two batches in June or January Pharmacy Board Exam. Brex tracks students abilities and performance in the stint of the review, and you can request for that information on how you keeping up on the review. They have daily records of students' entry each day, provide handouts, review materials and compiled old PACOP. They teach techniques, hints, information and what to do, so that students will facilely understand and analyze the board exam questions, and technical instructions and directions. The facilities then were very good. Air-conditioned rooms with complete visual effects, projectors, good sound system, enough monoblock chairs and many more. Reviewers, I can comment that their expertise and knowledge about the topics and subjects were excellent and precise. They were presentable and some gave jokes and icebreakers. Unlimited seat-ins and reviews even attending any subject many times or any batch or even in any location where they located. Subjects were tackled one by one and topics were studied prudently until students are able to catch up. Handouts were given to us and a free compiled Brex review book that was very useful in review. They conducted quizzes and tests whenever a topic or a subject is finished. I think what I like most is the critical thinking, which they provided the correct explanation and analysis why the answer is like that. Towards they end of the session all students took the mock exam, which was very similar to the actual pharmacy board exam, such as shading and time pressure. Also they told us that a so called “machine” will correct our test papers to facilitate checking of the test papers, and the results can be already achieved within 3 days, similar on the actual releasing of board exam result.
I did not attend the final coaching because I chose to review by my own. But they told us to attend on that event because a lot of things will be given and taught.
The thing I did not like on the review is that the facilitators are choosy and snubbing. The only entertain those who they know or students came from known universities.


Review Center Rating
For me because I reviewed in Brex Pharmacy Review, I may say that this is my the best review center and I give them 4.5 rating out of 5. I do not imply that other review centers are not good, but I just want to insinuate to readers, because I reviewed from Brex I give them my support. I do not know the strategies and methods of other review centers for pharmacy. May be they are better than Brex, however, it is the choice of the students. I am not even connected to Brex Pharmacy Review. I am just giving my opinion and experience. If you want to decide for the right review center for you feel free to ask others about their experience and why they chosen that review center. That would help you a lot.


Final Message
I remind every reviewee that choosing the best review centers does not guarantee you to pass the pharmacy board exam. It is you who still holds the key to reach the top of the beacon. Review centers are only information provider and strut you to achieve your goal. Your final answers are still powerful than their influence. So I advise you to concentrate on your review and give your big best to pass the exam, so that the title RPh will be reaped soon.

Mobile footer