Because women nowadays are active and have a major role to their family and the society, it is ought to plan how many children should be and how they could protect themselves from having unexpected pregnancies. Oral contraceptives are made to help partners to avoid pregnancy. They are also used as (1) hormonal contraceptives; (2) provide real therapeutic options; (3) in contrast to drugs that are used to treat disease, these agents generally are used in a relatively young and healthy population; the consideration of possible side effects thus is especially important; (4) in addition to contraceptive actions these agents have substantial health benefits; and (5) because of differences in doses and specific compounds used, it is not appropriate to extrapolate directly untoward effects of hormonal contraceptives to hormone replacement therapy, or vice versa.
In choosing the right oral contraceptive drug for you it is advisable to see your doctor first or your healthcare provider before starting the regimen. It necessary to know the expected outcomes and the bad effects. Some women are deciding their oral contraceptive without referring to any healthcare provider. It is to dangerous to decide alone, because of the unwarranted effects that can bring. It must be noted that these oral contraceptive drugs are containing hormones that can change endocrine function, especially the function the female reproductive system.
The following should be known when choosing oral contraceptive drug:
- Consult your doctor first for appropriate drug to be prescribed.
- Remember that oral contraceptive drugs need prescription without it drugstore must not dispense them.
- Ask your healthcare provider for the right hormonal treatment that would best for your activity or condition.
- Before taking the a drug ask for information about the right dose, administration, missed dose, storage and other concerns from your doctor or pharmacist.
- If for hormone replacement therapy, it is advisable to visit your doctor to diagnose your condition and give you the right drug.
- In case also of treatment for any reproductive problem or disease, see you doctor still.
Samples of Available Oral Contraceptives Drugs and their brand names:
- Lynestrenol 500mcgBrands:AMBER (Cynosure Healthcare) 1 x 28's tabDAPHNE (Pond's Chemical) 1 x 28's tabEXLUTON (Organon) 1 x 28's tab
Lynestrenol 500mcg is an oral contraceptive that can be taken by lactating mothers and women who smoke.
- Desogestrel 75mcgBrand: CERAZETTE (Organon) 1 x 28's tab
Combination Oral Contraceptives
- Cyproterone Acetate 2mg + Ethinylestradiol 35mcgBrand:ALTHEA (Pond's Chemical) 1 x 21's tabCRIMSON (Cyno Sure Healthcare) 1 x 21's tabCYBELLE (Chemway Pharma) 1 x 21's tabDIANE-35 (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 21's tab
This combination can control acne and hirtutism.
- Levonorgestrel 150mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg + Ferrous Fumarate 75mgBrands:AZUL (Cyno Sure Healthcare) 1 x 28's tabCHARLIZE (Pond's Chemical) 1 x 28's tabFEMME (Nanjing Baijingyu) 1 x 28's tabLADY (Pond's Chemical) 1 x 28's tab
- Levonorgestrel 150mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcgBrand:NORDETTE (Pfizer) 1 x 21's tab
- Levonorgestrel 150mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg + Lactose 48.25mgBrand:SEIF (Bayer HC) 1 x 28's tab
- Levonorgestrel 100mcg + Ethinylestradiol 20mcgBrand:MINIPIL (Chemway Pharma) 1 x 21's tab
- Levonorgestrel 125mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg + Ferrous Fumarate 75mgBrands:BLUSH (Cyno Sure Healthcare) 1 x 28's tabTRUST PILL (Pond's Chemical) 1 x 28's tab
- Ethinylestradiol 35mcg + Norethisterone 400mcgBrand:MICROPIL (Dyna Drug) 1 x 21's tab
- Ethinylestradiol 35mcg + Norethisterone 400mcg + Ferrous Fumarate 75mgBrand:MICROPIL PLUS (Dyna Drug) 1 x 28's tab
- Drospirenone 3mg + Ethinylelstradiol 30mcgBrands:LIZA (Chemway Pharma) 1 x 21's tabYASMIN (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 21's tab
- Drospirenone 3mg + Ethinylelstradiol 0.02mgBrand:YAZ (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 28's tab
- Desogestrel 150mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcgBrand:MARVELON 28 (Organon) 1 x 28's tab
- Desogestrel 150mcg + Ethinylestradiol 20mcgBrand:MERCILON (Organon) 1 x 21's tab
- Gestodene 0.075mg + Ethinylestradiol 0.03mgBrands:GYNERA (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 21's tabSOPHIA (Famy Care) 1 x 21's tab
- Gestodene 0.075mg + Ethinylestradiol 0.02mgBrand:MELAINE (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 21's tab
Especial Combination Oral Contraceptives
- Desogestrel 25mcg + Ethinylestradiol 40mcg = 7 blue tabDesogestrel 125mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg = 15 white tabBrand:GRACIAL (Organon) 1x 22's tab
This combination is treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- Estradiol valerate 3mg = 2 dark yellow FC tabEstradiol valerate 2mg + dienogest 2mg = 5 medium red FC tabEstradiol valerate 2mg + dienogest 3mg = 17 light yellow FC tabEstradiol valerate 1mg = 2 dark red FC tabLactose 50mg = 2 white FC tabBrand:QLAIRA (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 28's tab
- Levonogestrel 50mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg = 6 tabLevonogestrel 75mcg + Ethinylestradiol 40mcg = 5 tabLevonogestrel 125mcg + Ethinylestradiol 30mcg = 10 tabBrand:LOGYNON (Bayer Healthcare) 1 x 21's
Physician's choice for the right hormonal contraceptive treatment for his patient depends on the drug's action and safety to the patient's condition. It is also affected by the patient's choice and financial status. Most oral contraceptives are in combination form, because of the best results and less side effects that they can give. It must also consider the cost of the drug and the ability of the patient to comply with its therapy.